Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A LIttle Less Conversation. A Little More Action

...so sayeth Elvis the King.

Mildly depressed by thoughts in head: If the Kingdom Come is the most important hope of Christians, then why don't more of us behave as if it is? If we are supposed to hope for Christ to come back like the apostle John prayed at the end of the the Book of Revelation, then why do we act as if He is not real?

I don't know what's more depressing some times:
a) the lucky who have already seen the truth of Christ and yet remain unmoved, lukewarm or deliberately contrary.
b) the large numbers of people who have not seen the truth of Christ.

Its moments like this where you realise its all about faith, hope and love.
The greatest of which is love. No sense getting angsty or angry at people or at God. Just trust His plan and keep loving people and honouring the Truth.

Should my walk be just talk talk talk
Should my praise be yadayadayada
Should my worship be just blahblahblah
If I start acting like a KnowItAll Holier Than Thou jerk
Just kick me hard, ok?
I mean just KICK me.

'Cause that's gonna be nothing compared to the colossal Kingdom-sized kick in the ass I will get when Christ returns.

Wonder how God puts up with our jerky behaviour sometimes. No wonder they say Love is Patient.

Sigh.

If you are wondering, nobody was a jerk today to me. I was not a jerk to anyone today (but if I was please tell me, because I could have been blissfully ignorant). Just having a mild fling with Christian existentialist angst in between working at 2am on things that will all fade away. ha.

_______________________________________________________________________
U2's Yahweh lyrics to flavour a snotty, not so cheery blog

"Take these shoes
Click clacking down some dead end street
Take these shoes
And make them fit
Take this shirt
Polyester white trash made in nowhere
Take this shirt
And make it clean, clean
Take this soul
Stranded in some skin and bones
Take this soul
And make it sing...

...Take this city
A city should be shining on a hill
Take this city
If it be your will
What no man can own, no man can take
Take this heart
Take this heart
Take this heart
And make it break."

No comments: