Saturday, November 20, 2004

rainy streets and a solitary walk home

when i reached my bus-stop today at about 10pm, it was way too rainy to walk back home so i stayed in the shelter reading a Spidey graphic novel.

There is something strangely lonesome yet...nice... just sitting in a bus-stop, reading a good book and waiting for a downpour to calm down into a mild drizzle. the stretch of road between the bus-stop and my appartment is always thankfully semi empty by the time i get home at night. Which means, nobody can hear me sing silly songs.

you know, i dont think i have ever walked that stretch of road with another person.
some how, i have always walked that stretch alone. (muse muse...this better not be a bizarro metaphor of my life! wah lau. )

I love the look of a wet street at night. It sparkles like a granite universe
...a whole sheet of silvery shiny bits, reflecting the street lamplights.
its sights like that that remind me how much of an urban rat i am.

i love me my cities.

Current Mood: touched
Current Music: the drizzle of what chinese call "mau mau yu"

No comments: