Friday, October 13, 2006

Documentaries I wanna watch!

1) Deliver Us From Evil
a pedophile ex-priest talks about the cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholoc Church


2)Fast Food Nation
an insight into the modern fast food industry

3)So Goes the Nation
a look at how America's electoral process can be manipulated. Case Study: Kerry vs Bush elections


4)49 Up
The seventh film in a series of landmark documentaries that began 42 years ago when UK-based Granada’s WORLD IN ACTION team, inspired by the Jesuit maxim “Give me the child until he is seven and I will give you the man,” interviewed a diverse group of seven-year-old children from all over England, asking them about their lives and their dreams for the future.

5)Jesus Camp
A look at the increasingly militant Evangelical Christian movement in America.

3 comments:

arpc said...

i've seen most of 49UP on arts central =) now you've made me want ot go buy the documentary off amazon. neil was my favourite person in there - i thought his life was the most poignant.

The Rust said...

I've watched all the 7up series... i think till 42? is 49up the latest?

neonangel said...

redbean: when they come will sure ask you. actually i feel like catching the prestige - its by memento's chris nolan! and its got hugh jackman. haha.

arpc and rust: i have not watched any one of the 7up series. :( my brother has been telling me to watch it for years. alt, if you get it, we must have our slumber party moviethon and watch it! think redbean will be up for a slumber party too. heh

and yeah rust, latest is 49 up. :)