Friday, January 14, 2005

paper cup

more rummaging in the hard-drive nuggets. this is an odd find.

i do not write poetry at all. but this one was a really strange bit of automatic writing from 2000.

i remember writing this because i could not get rid of a series of random images in my head. sometimes i get odd dreams of strange images and i have to remember them some how in black or white so I don't forget the images. The whole reason why i keep using the name "neonangel" is because once i had a dream which ended with a bizarre crackling neon sign, shaped like an angel, set against a dark Dick Tracy like city street. i never remembered what the dream was about but the image and the crackling. broken down neon light sound stays fresh in my head.

anyhow...To date, 'paper cup' is the only poem/pseudo poem i have ever written. Huh. strange.

Some day i have to ask God why I get bizarro dreams like that. Must be all the junk i read....i read everything within arm's radius....so yeah, i have been exposed to some pretty odd ball stuff. :)



- Paper Cup -

the nurse hands me a paper cup,

a pale white cone.

my fingers bruise its fragile skin.

i spill tepid water on tired linoleum.

as i remember

the first time our hands touched

you handed me a paper cup

its cheap daisy print

the first flowers that passed between us.

And your smile,

spreading warm and generous

as maple syrup on those pancakes you loved.

Pancakes.

Paper cups.

I have lost you forever.

and I can only now think

of foolish things.

No comments: