Friday, September 30, 2005

Laugh Lines


avatar2
Originally uploaded by neonangel.
I have been musing about what I have accomplished before the next birthday arrives.

Lately, I have been noticing that when I smile, deep lines appear at the corners of my eyes more prominently then before. When I stop smiling, they disappear. Time would eventually make them more visible and permenant. They call those lines crow's feet or laugh lines I think.

I read somewhere that the face you get when you get old and wrinkled is the face that you really deserve. I think what the guy meant was that if you spent your lifetime smiling or frowning, it would show. The regularity of what you used your face for would carve itself inevitably on your flesh.

So yeah, accomplishment #1 -I got laugh lines now. I earned them. Cool. Hope they deepen.

But meanwhile moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. :)

6 comments:

Ms Carpe Diem said...

It's funny but I told myself just last week that when I'm old(er), I'd want the lines on my face to be laugh and thought lines.

Your post resonate with me.

Anonymous said...

umm that's one way to say it... but get a good bottle of eye cream for your birthday might be another way too... :P

quop said...

stumbled onto your blog by traversing across the net (following a link to christ hacks)... reading this reminded me of when i first noted crows feet in pictures of myself. such are the joys of ageing i mean getting closer to glory :)

pearlywhirls said...

figure your bday must be ard the corner - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEONANGEL!! :)

may you continue to grow in Christlikeness & bunny cuteness :P

neonangel said...

carpe: you will get those laugh and thought lines. He will make sure of that :)

shirley: yeah man, I am sneaking some off my sister. Using cheapo off the shelf stuff but yeah eye cream does feel sooooo tai-tai-ly good. :P

quop: i followed your link. wrinkles are funky little bookmarks to glory indeed! :)

pearls: yeah! bunny cuteness rules! just bought myself a bunny SPCA tee as a birthday treat. They NEVER make bunny tees- always cat or dog. Someone up there likes me. haha.

Anonymous said...

i have been using eye cream from Clarins and Shiseido... good? i don't know... a bag seems still under my eyes... but maybe it can be worse if i didn't use any... who knows! i guess this is the least i should do for myself, so i can't complaint to myself why the BIG bags. i tried. also, though it's expensive (ya!), but it lasts a year or two. So okay lah...