Thursday, July 14, 2005

feet of clay

have been trawling the net looking up all the blogs on the NKF thingee, am feeling conscience stricken. I woke up today wondering how TT Durai was feeling somewhere across the island - was he dreading facing another day of public fury? was he depressed? was he blase? and it got me thinking about how tragic the whole story was.

Durai was truly visionary and i have no doubt that he sincerely believes he is doing the right thing. But sincerity is not enough, it's more important to examine what you are pouring all that sincere belief into. Somewhere along the line, the original vision of NKF must have gotten lost.

At any rate, the man like anyone of us has feet of clay. His mistake happened to be big, public and extremely costly. He got found out. Let's just focus on what we can do to repair the big mistake instead of...i don't know...photoshopping his head on some animal or something. That's just kicking a man when he is down....and boy, is he down.

I guess I have had enough of reading nasty comments and malicious jibes about him. I have definitely passed my own snide little comments or had bitchy giggles about him in conversations with friends.

So cos of little Mr Conscience (aka Holy Spirit) pricking away, i must declare i cannot be yet another one in the masses throwing stones at the guy, severely tempted as I am. After all, if this happened to a friend, I would not treat him this way. Why should I feel any more justified at flaming him or making fun of him just because he is a public figure / big time "fat cat' CEO? cannot lah....my conscience is prickling.

To put it bluntly, (though i hate how cliche this has become ) what would Jesus do?
He would be a lot more firm and unyielding about the wrongness of Durai's actions but he would also be a whole lot more gracious and kind than I have been.

In my opinion, NKF should be held accountable to all the points raised. Durai should make a public apology and deliver a good explanation once and for all. But yeah....I am personally drawing the line for myself at having a good laugh or feeling all righteous at his expense.

No comments: