Monday, July 04, 2005

milestones

Walking in Christ starts you on a crazy journey of change. Major milestones in my little walk with Christ include:

- the first time I realised I was selfish and self-centred
-the first time I realised Love (in the agape sense) was difficult.
- the first time I took leadership and Christian service seriously
- the first time I understood "The Gospel is Alive"
- the first time I had someone tell me my worth in Christ
- the first time I had someone tell me thank you for sharing Christ with them

so last weekend marked a major turning point in my Christian walk.
It has been one coming for a very long time.

the first time i prayed together with my mom.

and if you know me and my mom, that is really really a big big thing.

Funny thing was that just earlier in that week when I was talking to J. about how tough it was to be a godly Chinese daughter, she challenged me to pray with my mom. My first reaction was simply horror. Horror at how good and simple and sensible J's suggestion was. Horror at knowing now that I heard it I had to do it. I told J plainly, "It's a good idea. But frankly it freaks me out. I don't want to do it." J. prayed for opportunity and for God to help me. I did not give it much serious thought after that.

But things work out in mysterious ways and somehow, in the most weirdly natural of ways, driven by events I did not prepare for, J's prayer worked.

For the full lurid story in all its full blown drama-mama, look for me, the horse's mouth.

Suffice to say, God really amazes me. When they say He transforms and changes you, they were not kidding. It sure darn well was not Me that was doing the praying and talking with my mom on Sunday. It was defintely the Holy Spirit doing His thing. No other explanation for that.

Floored man, abso-freakin-lutely floored.

No comments: