Monday, May 09, 2005

2 friends, 2 interesting thingamajigs


surrealkitty
Originally uploaded by neonangel.
weudiweu sent me a cool article from the guardian called 20 funky journeys to change your life

alto sent me a cool little music meme so here's my answer:

> 1. What's the total size of music files on your computer?
on my g4 desktop about 3GB.

> 2. What is the last 3 cds you bought?
madonna's "GVH2' for $5 at gramaphone's bargain basement sale

> 3. What is the last song you listened to before you read this post?
em...some cheesy tunes taxi uncle was playing. sounded like a tango/cha cha oldie. one of those recognisable but dunno title things

> 4. Name four songs that you listen to a lot or that mean a lot to you.

am such a full fledged christian nerd. although i love many songs, many genres, many singers, the songs with the deepest place in my heart are still christian songs.

fulfilled - by hwee (clapclap)
because the lyrics echo the anxiety and assurance that has been sitting in my heart the past few months as i struggle through the new direction of SOT. "father, i fear what lies round the corner. already i'm gasping for breath, grasping at straws..." apt, very apt. i put this one one when i need an assurance that other people feel this way and get through it.

my heart will trust - by hillsongs
"though i walk through valleys low, i will fear no evil. By the waters, still my soul, my heart will trust in you." that's one heckuva cool mantra to keep in mind through tough times. my all time favourite gospel 'torch song' heh.

before the throne of God above - by er i forgot
"..i have a strong and perfect plea....my name is written on his hands..." wah lovely cry cry weep weep words.

alleluia - fairground attraction
no meaning, i just like the sound of fairground attraction a lot - the pretty fairylights, summer night, simple vibe - and this is one of my alltime fave fairground attraction songs.
"your smile is a prayer, a prayer for love and your heart is a kite that longs to fly. alleluia here i am..."

No comments: