Saturday, May 07, 2005

Kickarse Kitty and memories of paperdolls


kickarsekitty
Originally uploaded by neonangel.

aiyoh so cute. Dress up your own Hello Kitty! reminds me of the good old days of paper dolls with the little fold over straps.


I did not have enough lunch money to buy those expensive things so I ended up making my own paper dolls...with their own line of haute coture. don't play play. I learnt the name Oscar de la Renta from staring at Barbie doll outfits at Toys R'Us. For the longest time, Oscar's name was the one I associated with high fashion and good taste.

But then again I was primary school and I thought Crystal Barbie and Pink suited Office Barbie were the height of cool.

By Primary 6, I discovered pop and rock. My Barbie dolls had their tresses unceremoniously cut into savage bobs (inspired by Zoe Tay circa her infamous role as Bobo and too many Saturday morning doses of Jem who is still Truly Truly Outrageous). I dyed their hair brilliant punk shades of green and blue with my poster paints

Wonder where my old paper dolls went? would be fun to make them again for a new generation.

man, childhood fun with paper and imagination.

it makes me wanna blog about the pencil paper games me and bro used to play. they were a whole lot more violent and fun than paper dolls for sure. :) i blame him entirely for my fixation on RPG.

No comments: