Thursday, August 04, 2005

no money no honey


lastperformance
Originally uploaded by neonangel.
WARNING: angst alert.

am breaking out of my normal Care-Bear mode just to indulge in minor ranting. am also blogging a picture of Oolong - my fluffy waffle-balancing rabbit hero - to defray angsty rant-y blog entry.

Good to remember that you can be happy with very little - even a waffle balancing rabbit makes me happier than 500 gazillion Louis Vuitton bags or whatever logo-ed crap it is that people want these days.

whatever happened to the days when it was a proud thing just to be making "an honest living"?

hate feeling ashamed that I don't make as much "as I deserve to", or "as I ought to". Just because people with the same amount of education and opportunity as me are earning $10,000 a month does not mean I have to.

Am not a hotshot lawyer or banker or star insurance agent; I can't afford my own flat - ok lor. i don't feel bad about it, why should someone else?

Man, it hurts when someone you love hints that you are earning loser pay.

there is so much pain and suffering in the world and in the community around us. The last thing I want to be made ashamed about is how I am not earning as much as my peers - pui!

I got more things to be ashamed about ok....like I am rude to my mother, I am not praying enough for others, I am not thinking enough about others, etc. etc.

It's not how much I earn.
It's what I do with what I earn hor.
It's whether I handle what I earn wisely. That one you can nitpick about.

grrrr. ok. feeling less pissed and less down. rabbits are cute. i have made up with offending party and apologised for getting pissy.

forgiveness is always good.
See yet another nice thing that you don't need $10,000 a month to buy.

bah. end of angst.
return to smiley self.

2 comments:

neonangel said...

i dont have a rabbit :_( i want one though!!!!!!! sigh.
but yeah the cute picture was meant to distract from the vitriol.

i live vicariously through other people's pets.
Oolong is the Internet's most famous food balancing rabbit. He made the NY Times!

do a google and check out his other cute pics. :)

neonangel said...

do not doubt the Oolong.
He is da Man. He really does all his own stunts.
He balanced 5 film canisters before okay - dont playplay!