Friday, March 18, 2005

WAH LAU

have been looking at my calendar for next few months.
By July, if all goes hunky-dory and i wont have my head blown apart by freaking out from massive to do list, or fallen flat on my face in humiliation.......I ought to have done a whole bunch of "gee i never did that before" things.

1) written my first real business/ social enterprise plan
2) gotten hold of my first governmental funding. and had major freak out. hahaha
3) headed my very first publicity campaign for big youth festival on july 2nd celebrating activism for youth.
4) written framework of my first collaborative programme with Promiseworks
5) Gone to South Italy!!!
6) taught neighbourhood kids to write half decent poetry
7) ran a student workshop teaching anime and graphic novel appreciation
8) played at being a Jie-Mei for once

WAH LAU. i feel tired and excited already thinking about it.
if if if if if all goes well, I am thinking 2005 is already shaping up to be one ARSE-KICKING year.

I am not entirely sure what i have gotten myself into. Wierd part is i never saw myself as someone doing all that.

I suck at details, operations, numbers, leader-leader, responsible responsible kinda thing.
I am good with big picture, theories, touchy feely, one-on-one relationships and the whole she-bang.
For goodness sake I still make "mao mao" sounds at rabbits and play DND like a 15 year old kid.

but putting myself more and more into this whole youth activism thing has been showing me more and more
about what I need to grow in and what I must develop. That much is clear. God knows why He is leading me down this treacherous little path of learning...but yeah, appreciate it ,BIg Guy, you da best.

Have been meeting so many SIngaporeans who are doing one million cool things everyday and are GOOD at it. HOw they can balance full time work and a trillion leadership roles in community service PLUS maintaining church ministries AND good family relations..........i was totally marvelling at this guy at today's YOuth Action meeting, who was practically pulling out names and contacts from every where to answer people's needs. It really showed you how long he had been in the trenches doing community service, searching for money to fund social causes etc.
And the speed and efficiency at which they carried out their tasks put me to shame. I desperately try to keep up at their speed and efficiency. One of them said he would connect me with some right people to talk to about my business plan.....when i get home...BOOM two fabulously crafted emails to said contacts, CC'g me. One of the contacts had already replied and requested a meeting to be set up.

phwoar. Now that's what i call making things happen.

geez. I wanna be like them. They cool. They are my "ooh seh" role models. I vow to leave my masak masak ways behind now. time to play the game the way these guys do. or attempt to fake as much of a semblance as possible.

To anyone who still thinks singaporeans are boring and not proactive, i say....man....you have so not met the inspiring people under the radar i have been meeting these past few months.

geez. gets you a real sense of the little threads God is pulling to make things happen. cannot count the number of christians who have been placing themselves in all the right nexus points in the community service circle.

exciting Kingdom of God stuffs yah.
Truly truly, the secret of the kingdom of god has been given. One only has to Seek it, and they will See it.
These guys really demonstrate that.

No comments: