Wednesday, December 22, 2004

conversation with an old friend

It's 2am and am still clearing design deadlines late cos i (mis)spent my whole day doing last minute christmas shopping and catching up with old friend, StainBoy.

Like the previous post, this was yet another December serendipity type conversation - unplanned, nice and real. Work gets in the way of proper meeting up so getting a chance to catch up again like old times was really a pleasant little blessing.

Stainboy and I go waaaaay back to second year NUS. He has the dubious honour of being the person who brought me to church. Stainboy and I both happened to be sorting out our own individual rough patches in university and God seemed to use the new friendship to get us both through our valleys. Our friendship is marked by pretty good times of cool conversations, gaming sessions, really bad jokes and one minor falling out which thankfully never blew up into anything worse with God's amazing grace.

It was good to find God still doing His good work in Stainboy's life. I can honestly say it's nice to see how we have both grown up since university. We grew up not just because of age, life experience, work or the run of the mill factors. The changes in both of us happened principally because of God's power to mould strength out of weakness, life out of death and hope out of despair. It sounds bloody drama and MGSR (as Mothman will put it) but I am glad to say it's the plain truth.

Anyhow...Stainboy, WeudiWeu and BeanyCrunch collectively make up the first genuine, healthy friendships I had post-Secondary-School-Traumatic-Friendships. I always look back to these 3 friendships that fell in place like divinely-placed dominoes into my life exactly when I needed them. And all before I really knew who God was. Each marked a new season of growth and healing, well peppered with shared laughs and shared fears.

Am glad to say new friendships aside from the initial 3 have sprouted out in the walk towards Christ. This year has brought forth many a genuine moment of friendship...I must remember them in my christmas cards his year. I can feel that 2005 will be amazing already--- simply because I know there will be new conversations, lessons and moments brought into my world through old and new relationships.

Here's to friends. God really knew what he was doing when he created them. :)

note to self: shall have to blog a list of 10 things to be thankful for in 2004 before i forget, come to think about it!
as WatermelonGal's song goes "Life is sweet...."


current song: Elvis Presley's seminal version of Can't Help Falling in Love
current mood: bit tired from shopping whole day but it was a Good day indeed.

No comments: