Friday, December 31, 2004

heartening signs of goodness

I see 2 cardboard boxes in my lift lobby with makeshift signs declaring everybody in waterside condo should pitch in and help the tsunami victims. The signs' earnest home-made quality touch me.

I hear children and adults of all walks of life have been industriously lining up at the Red Cross to contribute money.

I hear of poor farmers in Thailand who have been giving up all their meagre livestock and food to feed the tsunami victims because they have to.

Everyone seems to be organising a collecting fund of some sort....universities, banks, NGOs, housewives.....a whole spontaneous network of charity has sprung up amazingly from a myriad of individuals.

God is doing a work in our hearts....and I pray for the day when this work will be realised fully.
May we never forget the need to continue to love our neighbour as He Loved us first.

This New Year may be starting on a somber note but it is one that is graced with a touch of hope and a sign of God's work to come.

No comments: